The Finished Download
I’ve been downloading a Mac version of Age of Empires III for Corinne so that she can install it on her lappy and just maybe we can connect online and play together. I’m not sure if it will work, but it’s worth a shot.
I played the game for quite some time earlier today. I went into the configuration file and modified all kinds of values. For example, I modified values that removed the population limit. Normally I couldn’t have more than 200 population in my colony at a time. Now I can have as many as I want, except that it doesn’t really tell me how many. See, rather than actually ‘removing’ the population limit, I set each character to not count towards the population total, so for example, my game will say I have 0/200 population. Each different type of character, though, does have a thing that shows me how many there are of that particular type… for example, I can look up that I have 138 Settlers, and then maybe 84 of a particular type of soldier, and so on. However, I’d have to add it all up and it’s just not worth it. Besides, some character types actually count as more than 1 population. For example, for some of the ‘cannon-carrying’ guys, it’s only one unit but it uses 4 population because it takes 4 guys to carry the thing. So it might tell me there are 25 of them but that means 100 population.
It’s still really fun. There’s also a cheat that spawns a monster truck that can run over everything. It’s true. I did it today. Pretty funny stuff.
Next time I play I’ll take some screenshots so you can see.